Thursday, 26 June 2014

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Blondies

peanut butter white chocolate chip blondies

House decorating is becoming my number one hobby, behind baking of course.

We moved into our new house at the beginning of January and in April we decorated our little munchkins room 'Tinkerbell' style, including a 3ft long tinkerbell wall sticker. Yup, I know pretty damn awesome. Yet other than our 3 year olds room we hadn't really made a move anywhere else. We kind of got a bit lazy.

Until this week that is. Our kitchen, if I'm being entirely honest, reminded me of the inside of a bumble bee. It was a pretty rotten shade of yellow when we first inhabited the place, I actually am a total non-yellow fan and especially since I bought all black electrical appliances. Hence it looking like a gigantic bumblebee, which was definitely not the look I was going for.

So after much convincing (himself was pretty damn sure the yellow was an awesome colour, the main reason why he paints the colours and I choose them) I picked a very light caramel colour, which for a while I thought I'd picked the wrong colour as the first coat look white and now it's starting to look pretty sexy.

peanut butter white chocolate chip blondies

But my biggest achievement when it comes to decorating our kitchen is our chosen statement piece. The mirror. I was desperate to have a large mirror in our kitchen yet the size I wanted I knew was going to cost us a few bob (seriously the prices it costs to own a bit of reflective glass is unreal!) and then we found a beauty of a looking glass. 95 euro and about the size we wanted but as soon as we turned it over the backing wood was warped, now this was just superficial damage nothing that couldn't be easily fixed or quite frankly didn't need to be because who looks at the back of a mirror.

So I got my little hagglers hat on (much like the fez Abu wore in Aladdin I imagine) and manage to wangle 20 euro of the sale price. I did a major happy dance when I left the shop, I'll admit I'm feeling pretty darn proud of myself. It'll be going up tomorrow so if you fancy seeing a million and one shots of my sexy new kitchen you can follow me on Instagram.

And talking of sexy things, if a blondie could be sexy this would fit perfectly into that category. A chewy and dense peanut butter blondies, jam packed full sweet little white chocolate morsels. A pretty awesome, taste bud tantalising combination.

If you're a real lover of texture you can go for crunchy peanut butter yet for the purposes of pleasing my other half who's not overly keen on the nutty stuff (I know, he's one of those weird ones) I went with the smooth.

peanut butter white chocolate chip blondies

Makes 1 Brownie sized tray of Blondies

Ingredients:

125g / 1 Cup Plain Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
100g / 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
100g / 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
15g / 1 Tbsp Butter, melted
50g / 3 Tbsp Peanut Butter, melted
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg, Medium
1 Tbsp Whole Milk
100g / 2/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips

Method:

Preheat your oven to 350f / 175c, then line an 8 inch square brownie tin with aluminium foil.

In a small bowl whisk together the plain flour, baking powder and salt.

In a small saucepan melt together the butter and peanut butter and set aside for later.

Using a large mixing bowl beat together the sugars and the egg until creamy.

Add in the vanilla extract followed followed by the butter, peanut butter and whole milk.

Now sift in all the dry ingredients and fold them gently until barely combined. Add in the chocolate chips being careful to only mix all the ingredients until just combined.

The batter will be very thick, almost cookie dough like. Press this into your prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.

Carefully transfer the blondies to a wire cooling rack. Once fully cooled you can slice them and enjoy them.

7 comments:

  1. These look great Tash, I share your love of house decorating and hatred of yellow!!!! My other half would be all over these peanut butter blondies! Great recipe and photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Emma. My photography 'skills' seem pretty fluke like but i think i got these ones right and I'm so glad I'm not the only one that hates yellow i was starting to feel like a bit of a lone wolf haha

      Delete
  2. These sounds delicious Tash, love the idea of peanut butter and white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Further proof that WE ARE THE SAME PERSON: Mick also hates peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about - although I still don't understand how anyone can hate peanut butter!!

      Delete
  4. Oh gooey and chewy - loving these! Peanut butter is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete